Upcoming Events

Feathers and Wings
An exhibition of my embroidered birds, butterflies and moths.
New Westminster Public Library
April 1-30, 2015

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Catching Up Spring 2013

Even though I only seem to work one day a month, I've managed to line up a number of events this spring.

My fibre art is currently on display at the Secret Garden in Kerrisdale, and has been extended until April 9th, 2013. This is a wonderful and cozy tea house nestled at 5559 West Boulevard between 39th and 40th, Vancouver BC.

A couple of my pieces have been accepted in the group show "Cherry Blossoms: A Textile Translation" at the Silk Purse Gallery,  1570 Argyle Ave. Ambleside, West Vancouver. April 2 - 21, 2013. This is the fourth time I've participated in this show. Each year there is new work to see!
See also:
Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival for more events

Stitching on tissue paper.  Trying something new for my cherry blossom pieces this year. The tissue paper is coated in a gloss medium for strength, and then hand embroidered.

Coming soon:
Info about my bird themed show with weaver Vanessa Cunningham at Circle Craft Gallery. May 31-June 18 2013.
Info about my slide show and lecture hosted by the Sunshine Coast Quilters Guild, in Sechelt BC, April 20th.


Pol Denise said...

Have put details of the exhibition here.

Please let me have details of the other when available.

judith67 said...

I can't wait to try that tissue paper technique. I'm sure you could mix some acrylic in with gloss medium to create different coloured papers.