Upcoming Events


Tuesday, October 02, 2012

The show is up - October 2012

NWPL event listing for my artist talk

The show is now up and will run until the end of October.

The Ramp Gallery is quite literally on a ramp. So the challenge is trying to keep the pieces at eye level as viewers walk or wheel up and down the ramp. With rectangular frames the pieces become steps on the wall. I'm sure there's probably a complex mathematical formula for installations of this type, but I used the good old eyeball-it method.

My artist talk/slideshow is on Thursday, October 4th, at 7pm.
New Westminster Public Library
716  6th Ave. (near 8th Street)
Call the library at 604-527-4667 to pre-register
There is no fee for this event
Come and find out more about my creative process!

Barnacles detail "Painted Sea Stars"

Brittle Star Designs, Kirsten Chursinoff, 2012

2 comments:

Paola Murgia said...

adoro i tuoi lavori, rispecchiano esattamente la mia voglia di arte, farò del tuo blog la mia bibbia, ti seguirò con grande piacere e appena ho tempo leggerò tutti i tuoi segreti, sono molto felice di averti scovato nell'immenso web.
ciao da Paola Sardegna Italia.

Kirsten Chursinoff said...

Thank you Paola, I used google translator, but I'm not sure if it translated correctly:

I love your work, accurately reflect my desire for art, I will blog my bible, I will follow with great pleasure and as soon as I have time to read all your secrets, I'm very happy to have discovered the immense web.
hello by Paola Sardinia Italy.