Upcoming Events


Friday, October 12, 2012

North Shore Needle Arts Guild 2012

I enjoyed meeting the talented members of the North Shore Needle Arts Guild yesterday. There were both familiar and new faces and everyone gave me a warm welcome.
It's such a treat to share my art with a group who understands the time and patience required to make such time consuming work. Thank you NSNA!

Garden Impression, hand embroidery with couched yarn and glass beads. Kirsten Chursinoff.

Detail, Floratopia, machine and hand stitching with hand embroidery, couching and beads. Kirsten Chursinoff.

Detail, Honeysuckle Sunshine, machine and hand stitching with hand embroidery and couching. Kirsten Chursinoff.
I visited some pieces from the past as I described my transition from exclusive hand-embroidery to my current work which combines hand and machine stitching.

My goal is to blur the line between hand and machine embroidery. This kind of machine embroidery is very much an art tool, such as drawing or painting, and is very different from the type of machine embroidery where a pattern is programmed and sewn automatically using a computerized machine.

6 comments:

Elizabeth - Dream Painters said...

Your work is absolutely beautiful!! I have stumbled across your blog, but will follow now with great pleasure :)

Masha Novoselova said...

Kirsten, I love all what you create!

Monika Kinner-Whalen (MySweetPrairie) said...

You have such a lovely way with words. The beading is gorgeous! : )

Monika K.
Saskatoon

Inga said...

I do love the color and texture. Just great

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Love your pieces and all the machine stitching and hand embroidery and blurring between the two.

Roz said...

These are stunning! I want to touch them (bad hands!)!