Upcoming Events


Saturday, September 22, 2012

Marine Life 2012, Ramp Gallery, New Westminster Public Library


Big mess in a small studio
Instead of tidying my studio, I'm going to tell you why my studio is such a mess!


Everyone is welcome to visit my upcoming show:

Painted Sea Stars, Kirsten Chursinoff, 2012


Marine Life Art Exhibition
Ramp Gallery
New Westminster Public Library
716  6th Avenue
New Westminster, BC, Canada
Showing for the month of October 2012

I will be giving an artist talk/slide show presentation, Thursday October 4th at 7pm in the auditorium at the library. For pre-registration call NWPL 604-527-4667. There is no fee for this event.

The library has great hours:
Monday - Friday 9:30 am - 9:00 pm
Saturday 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Sunday (except holiday weekends) 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm

Closed Sunday, October 7th
Closed Thanksgiving Day, Monday, October 8th

Please note, there is no opening reception. All sales from this exhibition will be handled directly by me.

I've lost many hours of sleep to bring you Marine Life 2012. We all make sacrifices for our passions don't we? My journey continues as I carry on from the Low Tide theme of 2010. Looking back I'm surprised I've been able to make so many new pieces with a little one underfoot.

There are two familiar pieces from the Low Tide show, some remakes on similar themes, many entirely new pieces and at least one piece that was published in the book Hoopla: the art of unexpected embroidery, by Leanne Prain. If you haven't seen the book yet, I'll have a copy of Hoopla at the Artist Talk/Slide Show Oct. 4th. Three of the four jellyfish and octopus pieces from my article in Quilting Arts Magazine, issue 46, are sold but there are similar pieces to choose from.

See you soon!
Kirsten

No comments: