Upcoming Events


Saturday, July 21, 2012

Botanical Beach - Ready to Stitch



Here are some highlights from a trip to Botanical Beach on Vancouver Island.  This trip was 2 years ago, but as I mentioned in the last post, it was a very inspiring trip and this place informs the work which currently consumes me.
















This is the part of the beach with no sand, only shells.  Nothing can be removed from this park, so I took plenty of photos. 





The craziest tide pools ever!











Just some regular old sewing threads, rocky shore palette.


Rocky shore blanks, waiting for sea creatures to colonize.

1 comment:

Marta Brysha said...

Isn't the beach such an amazing source of inspiration. Every year myself and 2 artist friends do a week long artists' retreat - one year at my studio in the mountains and then one year at the beach. This year is beach year and i'm looking forward to all that salty inspiration.