Sunday, January 23, 2011

Honeysuckle Sunshine 2011


Kirsten Chursinoff "Honeysuckle Sunshine" 2011
Fabric, couching, machine stitching, and hand stitching.

Honeysuckle is the Pantone colour of the year for 2011.
Here's my interpretation of this colour through my textile depiction of honeysuckle.


Detail showing the star shapes on the patchwork background as well as the couched threads and French knots. The background on this one is free motion zigzag stitch on over 100 small pieces of fabric.


This fabric was purchased years ago. I didn't dye it myself, but wish I could.


Sewing threads, embroidery floss and some hand dyed cotton.


I've been collecting images from magazines and photocopies from books.


My photo of Honeysuckle 2010


Rough sketches, templates and marker sketches on transparencies.

Some of my previous designs/colourways with honeysuckle:


Kirsten Chursinoff "Honeysuckle" 2005, SOLD

Kirsten Chursinoff "Honeysuckle 2" 2007, SOLD


Kirsten Chursinoff "Honeysuckle Vines" 2007, SOLD


Kirsten Chursinoff "Honeysuckle Sunshine" $900
8" x 10"
20.5cm x 25.5 cm

17" x 21" framed
43.5cm x 54cm framed

http://www.chursinoff.com/kirsten/

11 comments:

My Sweet Prairie said...

I just love all your photos! : )

Lisa said...

I'm impressed that you were so inspired by "honeysuckle". I've just spent 1/2 an hour browsing through your blog and flickr gallery. I am fascinated by your work. I love the level of texture you get into it, especially the backgrounds.

Lynette (NZ) said...

LOVE - discovered this and your flickr site a few days ago, and shared the love on my blog...now a follower of yours :-)

Karen said...

OMG....LOVE your work!!

Raphaela said...

Wonderful work. Love it.

dweedy said...

I Love it.

Ashley said...

such beautiful work! i've been combing the internet looking for inspiration for an upcoming project- your work so refreshing and unique!

tijerasycuchara said...

Your work are beautiful.I congratulate them.
have a good day
Josefina
tijerasycuchara.wordpress.com

JennyPennyPoppy said...

A fabulous piece of art!!

Ann Christine Dennison said...

Beautiful work, I especailly like the one with the green background :-)

Ann Christine Dennison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.