Upcoming Events


Thursday, June 24, 2010

Art Demo at Opus North Van and Canada Day at CCBC



Now that my studio is tidied-up (well, mostly tidy - I had to hide some stuff under the bed!) and photographed, I'm getting ready for my next two events.

Both are free and are casual drop-in sessions, so stop by and say hello if you're in the neighbourhood.


From Opus Art News, June 2010

June 26, 2-4pm
Visiting Artist/Demo
Opus Framing and Art Supplies
120 Lonsdale Ave, North Vancouver



July 1, 12-4pm
Canada Day on Granville Island
Crafthouse, Craft Council of BC Gallery
1386 Cartwright St.
Granville Island, Vancouver
I'm going to be artist-in-attendance at my gallery show 'Low Tide'. I'll be there to talk about the art in the exhibition and show visitors some of the pieces I'm currently stitching. There will also be fine craft demonstrations in various media, taking place in front of the gallery.

A warm welcome to my American visitors who are planning a trip up to Canada from Washington State. See you there!

More info on ccbc site (below my exhibition info)
Craft Council of BC

Canada Day on Granville Island



And while I'm busy tooting my own horn, that's my 'Himalayan Poppies' representing the listing for the Craft Council of BC in the spanking new 'Van Dop Arts & Cultural Guide to British Columbia' (now in it's 12th edition!)

Whether you live here, or you're planing a trip to this part of the world, or if you're interested in the arts and culture of BC you'll want to check out the print version, or the online one here:
Van Dop Arts & Cultural Guide to British Columbia

1 comment:

Laura said...

Just wanted to say I love your work, after seeing it in Quilting Arts this month! It's absolutely stunning, I wish I lived near you to "drop in" and take a class with you. Your backgrounds are wonderful--do you fuse the fabric to cotton canvas, or just sew w/o fusing?