Upcoming Events


Saturday, May 22, 2010

Seagull eating a purple sea star


Seagull eating a purple sea star.

This guy still needs some work. I simplified the shape a little too much, so the wing doesn't quite fit the perspective. Birds are tricky subjects. They start to look cartoonish if you don't handle them the right way. I'm okay with illustrative results, but still thinking about this one.
The next one will be without the snack.

I've been waiting around at home for the guy to come and look at the heat pump, so I've had plenty of time to watch the gulls nesting on the rooftops.

2 comments:

Aileen Clarke Crafts said...

I totally know what you mean about the cartoonish look. I had the same problem when I tried needle felting a seagull on a post. His knobbly knees drove me crazy!
Love this fellow though and that wall is excellent!

Kirsten Chursinoff said...

Yes, they do have knobbly knees!